Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Records of 2014 - 33. Inventions - Inventions

33. INVENTIONS - INVENTIONS 

Eluvium collaborating with one of the members of Explosions in the Sky. Sounds good on paper. And it is! Everything is good with paper. Yea, I know they're cutting down your trees, but your i-Pad is using electricity which burns a lot of renewable fossil energy. I just invented that sentence.

This album is beautiful electronic new-age and the song Entity perfectly captures it with beautiful dissonance and hiss, coupled with crashing waves and vocals better than Enya's. There are two things I just did:

1) Did a conversation ESL class to students about music and I did a genre quiz. I played Enya's Sail Away and they said it didn't touch their hearts. I bet this would.

2) Did a "Which Philosophical School of Thought are you in?" shitty quiz on FB and got Epicurean which means I see the glass as half full. No need to with this. It's full.

Oh ah.


No comments: